Date(s) - 02/14/2017 - 05/01/2017
The Artist Circle presents “Threads of Resistance,” a juried exhibition of work created to protest the Trump administration’s actions and policies.
We invite you to consider the theme “Threads of Resistance,” and create work – fiber art, art quilts, modern quilts or traditional quilts – to convey your passion, anger, or sadness about an issue that concerns you. Your work can be either positive (encouraging and unifying), or negative (portraying anger, sadness or discouragement). Possible themes include:
Black Lives Matter/racism
Attack on science
Gag rules on federal employees
The Women’s March Jan. 21, 2017
Sexual violence/sexual assault
Equal rights/equal pay for women
Women’s reproductive rights
LGBT rights/gay marriage
Freedom of the press
Fake news and lies
Supreme Court nominees
“America First” policy
Freedom of religion and worship/religious discrimination
Gun control/gun violence
- You may submit up to three pieces of work. Multiple works by a single artist may be accepted.
- Entry will be through an online system.
- The entry fee is $30 for up to 3 pieces.
- Each entry must include an artist’s statement that will accompany the piece in the exhibition(s). Curators reserve the right to edit artist statements for clarity and length.
- Submissions must be a minimum of 20” wide x 20” high, and a maximum of 48” wide x 60” high.
- Nothing can hang off the bottom or sides of the piece.
- No sharp or fragile embellishments.
- Each piece must have a 4” fabric hanging sleeve on the back. (Further instructions will accompany acceptance notifications.)
- No mounted or framed work can be accepted.
- No material in your piece may be copyrighted.
- No work may include a call to violence. (But it may portray violence, or include profanity or nudity, as long as it supports the theme of the piece, and is not gratuitous).
- Information about the exhibition is available at http://www.threadsofresistance.blogspot.com